By Michelle Gamble-Risley, Marketing Director, HomePNA Alliance
We couldn't have bought better press than the article recently published in Screen Plays titled "AT&T U-verse Shows Strength with New Features, High Consumer Satisfaction." The article not only describes the numerous successes of AT&T's U-verse in the HD DVR market, citing the addition of 232,000 new U-verse subscribers added to the roster last quarter, but also acknowledges high customer satisfaction from those who have U-verse.
The report says, "The latest J.D. Power results, based on a survey of 18,938 residential TV service customers nationwide, rated U-verse first in all three regions where the service was factored into the survey, including the South, Southwest and North Central. The survey, conducted as U-verse approaches the one million subscriber mark, signaled the growing impact the IP-based service is having after a long launch period during which competitors suggested they saw little reason for concern."
The report goes on to cite the numerous benefits of U-Verse. Along with offering about 45 HD channels in most markets and the Total Home DVR service, U-verse now includes:
- Mobile Remote Access to DVR, which lets subscribers schedule and manage DVR recordings from any compatible mobile phone;
- AT&T Online Photos from Flickr, which lets customers browse photos they've uploaded to flickr.com and watch slide shows on U-verse TV;
- AT&T U-bar, which brings customizable weather, stock, sports and traffic information to the U-verse TV screen, without interrupting the current program;
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football, which allows customers to track the progress of fantasy teams, including current team matchups and league standings;
- YELLOWPAGES.COM TV, enabling searches to find local businesses and other information via the TV screen;
- AT&T Yahoo! Games, which brings online games – including Sudoku, Solitaire, JT's
- Blocks, Mah-jongg Tiles and Chess -- to the TV screen.
Since U-verse uses the HomePNA standard to distribute home entertainment over phone line and coax, we couldn't be happier about this news. As U-Verse deployment hits the one million mark, which all indicators show it will within months, our members can expect to enjoy similar success. We are quite certain the writing is on the wall for our competitors. HomePNA will ultimately become the number one choice for IPTV.
Don't miss out. We encourage all services providers, OEMs, and silicon providers to join now. The time is ripe! Take advantage of the obvious market growth.